Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Twilight

It's been awhile since I last posted. Many things have happened and I always get to run out of words to write them in such a way it would not come out as a plain narrative when there's alot of emotions involved. Here I am back again trying to fill in my personal blog space in this vast realm of the net.
Today, when I woke up this morning, the very first thing I did was to see a movie. It was Twilight--a teen romance with a touch of fantasy. I really find it cool to be in the girl's character to have a vampire boyfriend. However, if vamps are real, it's going to be a more frightening world out there. I think the world in reality has already its enough dose of violence, terror and fear so I never wished for a possibility that the story can be real after watching it. :)
The movie was more "fairy tale" like as there were very very few conflicts. Most of the characters are nice ones without the usual human greed, envy, etc. The school setting and the characters from school are way different from the usual stereotyping done by majority of other movies--no cheerleaders, no jocks, no outcasts, etc. Since it was created in such a way, the audience won't hate any b*tchs or jerks and can simply focus on the two lovers and their personal conflicts.
After watching it, you'll have this feeling of wanting to find out what's next for the two main characters. I'm not sure if there will be a follow up movie for this. I think it's just best to read the novel. Too bad for me that I am too lazy to read. I can not even say if the film version of the book is greatly done. I am not sure if the main female character (Belle) is really gloomy and vampire-ish even if she's human. She lacks expressions and always in a hypnotised state. LOL
Overall, it's a nice flick. The light feel of the movie is enough for the young audience. For adults, the blissful state of the romance in the movie can be very surreal and rubbish for some who never had such or don't believe in true love. I am twenty-five years old and at present, I gave up the possibility of such experience in reality when the human heart doesn't get any purer with time and age. Yet it reminds me of what I had when I was younger. I think I almost had that bliss. I think it is the reason why I was left with a very saddening feeling after watching it. The bliss I can never have. Yeah, I'm very negative but I just think it's foolish to draw hope from fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're welcome to comment in a civilised manner.